Need Help Installing Graphics Card..

modemthug

Beta member
Ok... My dad told me Im getting a graphics card for chrismas, my computer can support it (enough ram, windows xp).. :D but the problem is... that im a noob to this :confused: ... somene told me how to do it, and i put ram in my computer all the time. but i just want someone to go over with it with me, please anyone. thanks..

is it AGP or PCI? make sure that if it's AGP your motherboard has an AGP slot. Then all you have to do is install the card in the AGP slot, it will work right away. then boot up windows and install whatever software comes with it. what vid card are you getting btw?

uninstall all your drivers for the old card the shut your computer down and place the new card into your computer. turn your computer on Windows XP will find your card and ask you the location of your graphic cards drivers. Tell Windows then follow the on screen instructions. Its really very easy.

Its important to answer Tommy Boy question before you start because you don't want to buy a card that doesn't work with your computer's motherboard.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

its a good idea to get a AGP Card if you can.

Just to be safe if you post your PC Specs we can check them over and a link to the card if you know which one you will be getting.

Back
Top Bottom