Games lock up when I try to play them... Please Help :(

brasssmunkey

Beta member
Hey all. Heres what im currently running:
Pentium 4 1.7 ghz
1024 sd ram
ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128 MB
Compaq Presario 5330us

When i try to play games, about every 10-15 minutes, then it'll start to lag for a second or two then lock up completely for about 15 seconds and then it returns to playing fine. This happens about every 10-15 minuntes repeatedly. I reinstall windows service pack 2, directx 9.0c, my video card driver, windows, even my bios.

Also, this isnt just under high stress because it'll lock up even if im standing still. I have a penutim 4 - 1.7 ghz - 1024 sd ram - Radeon 9200 SE 128 MB Video Card

Is it because of my video card maybe? I have tried another online game and it does the same thing...any ideas guys, id appreciate any help anyone has to offer. Thanks so much!

is it only online? Its most likey you CPU that is holding things back. Thant thing is ancient.

my friend has the same video card and it does the same thing except with DVd's. i dont think its the processor because i have a 1.6ghz stuff runs fine on it

yer but windwaker have u got a amd or pentium, it might be your G'CARD not your pentium, my friend had the same but his was a 64mb g card and it was fine its not the processor i dont think.

i think the first thing you need to do is update your drivers at ati.com
then come back and tell us if games still lock up

Check your network connections and settings. Is the lock up for online only? If it is check your ethernet.

Back
Top Bottom