power connectors on pci-e mobo's

Are we talkin pins here? I believe that PCIe MOBOs DO NOT USE anything different from AGP boards. So it should be....hmm.....can't remember # of pins, LMAO! :rolleyes:

Ok, hmm, I check my PC. One sec, I'll edit this ASAP!

yea thats what i mean cuz im buying this case and it has a 20 pins mobo connector, i just dont want to have to buy anoter power supply

Ok, for newer processors, it is 24 pin, but if you have a 20pin, it will plug into certain MOBOs just fine. Just take a look at the MOBO, certain MOBOs are different, but assume 24pin for PCIe MOBOs. As long as pin 1 on the 20 pin power connector align up with the pin 1 on motherboard 24 pin power connector. Same apply to the ATX12V AUX connector, as long as its pin 1 on the four pin connector align with the pin 1 on the six pin connector on the motherboard, they should work.

Umm did you read the edit? It really doesn't matter, but how high end is the processor? If it is really high end, assume a 24pin configuration is nessecary. Otherwise, 20pin will work as well.

yea a 3500+ but im only ordering the mobo and processor in february so ill just hold off the order till then i guess, make sure i know what im getting

I'm pretty sure that they all take the normal 20 pin mobo connector, but some of the mobo's require the square 4 pin auxillary connector, actually probably all amd 64 processors and p4's

Back
Top Bottom