first build help

Just because the LE (looser edition) cards are slow doesn't make them bad. Take time to note, you can flash the VGA BIOS of the 6800GT to it, and it will run perfectly. I did it with a 5500LE card. I have a 5700LE card that I OC to 500/575! LE that! LE cards are great for a budget, and if you flash a GT or Normal BIOS to their EEPROM, they pwn the better cards (because you were smart and spent half as much for the same card!)

my case comes with 2 x 80MM fans and im also switching the psu from stock 350 to antec true 430. so that should be sufficient correct?

i also need a wireless card for the internet. we are currently running a linksys 2.4 wireless g router. i saw the cards with speed booster and will i need to change my router if i do get that card?

jaysal555 said:
my case comes with 2 x 80MM fans and im also switching the psu from stock 350 to antec true 430. so that should be sufficient correct?

430 or 480? Either way 430 should be enough.

jaysal555 said:
i also need a wireless card for the internet. we are currently running a linksys 2.4 wireless g router. i saw the cards with speed booster and will i need to change my router if i do get that card?

You dont need the SpeedBBooster feature. Wireless G itself is already fast.

hey im also thinkin about down sizing on the video card. im not the biggest gamer and its the most expensive part on my list. whats the best card under $200 that can play the newer games coming out without any trouble?

One, that case pwns! I love the X-Navigator case. But, it should come with a 500Watt PSU! That PSU is plenty! Get that Case! It has 5 system fans as well!

About the video card. This is AGP, so I will give you the best option right now from both nVidia and ATi ok? Your choice. Links below!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-127&depa=1
This is a Radeon 9800Pro from MCI. It is right on the verge of $200, and iis a fairly decent card. Its clock rates are slow!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-066&depa=1
This is an XFX card that has good reviews, and is very fast, plus is bit cheaper! I'd go nVidia here, the 5900Ultra pwns!

Back
Top Bottom