first build help

Never go with the LE ones. Its pretty much saying "Loser Edition". Just go with the regular 6800. Not LE, GT or Ultra. It should just say 6800, thats it.

And BTW your link doesnt work. It just goes to some page saying theres a navigation error.

EDIT>>> The regular 6800's should be around $290-$300. Im not sure whats your budget, but its a pretty good price for that card. Or wait till the 6900 series come out, and it'll go DOWN. (And if that happens, you might as well just get the 6800 GT) But since you need this stuff soon just get a regular 6800 or a 6600 GT (AGP interface).

sorry abou the link. i went to newegg and picked 6600gt and agp 8x/4x and got 6 results. i was wondering which u recommend?

Go with Gigabyte, BFG, or MSI for your video card manufacturer. They should serve you well.

alright thanks for the help.
one more thing for when i start building the computer itself will i need to buy anything that i have not listed about like any more fans, heatsinks, etc?

How many fans does your cse come with? And you dont need heatsinks unless its the cpu one. But the manufacturer should give you a stock one anyways. For thermal paste get arctic silver 5. Its the best hands down. www.arcticsilver.com

JaySal, wouldn't do that before you check this one out!

http://www.gameve.com/gve/store/productdetails.aspx?sku=VC-APOL-0016

Grant it, this card is $30 over you 220 budget, but WTH, it is 4X better

You can easily flash the 6800GT BIOS to it, and OC it to Ultra Level. NP with that at all. This card is good for a low budget, I would do this. It is Apollo, who isn't the BEST company, but is still very good.

BTW- I have an Apollo FX5200 Ultra and it still runs to this very day perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom