RAM, 2GB or 1GB?

FuRgy

BSOD
Hey, I'm planning on building a new computer in around 2-3 months. It will have and AMD Athlon 64 Bit 3700+ Proccessor, and an Asus 6800 Ultra Deluxe Video Card. I will have an Asus SK8V Mobo. My question is should I go with 1GB of DDRAM or 2GB?? Will I notice a difference in gaming and will my computer be a lot faster? Basically, Will it be worth the extrta money???

i dont think youll notice a difference because a game will never even use 1GB. Of course, you are building an awesome comp that will last awhile and, if your not on a budget id get it so it will last you even longer.

LOL yer u will notice something in gaming, i had 256 ram and i had the sims 2 it lagged, so i went out n got a 1g and its perfect now faster and better the game will load faster you pc will be faster and it will last longer. and a game will need a 1g of ram u wait m8 watch all these new games coming out are nothing compared to the next year games.

yer but he has a amd athlon 3700+ why has he got tht umm? because he wonts his pc to last a long time and 2years for a 2g 3700+ would be good so think about it he wonts to keep it 4 a while. if he doesent go for amd 3200 FX and 512 2x

Yeah, Lol, This PC's gonna cost around £1600 already, I think I might go with 3X 512MB..

1gb is enough, but if you have lots of money to blow *cough* AMD_ZEN *cough*, then you can get 2gb.

xx cobra xx said:
LOL yer u will notice something in gaming, i had 256 ram and i had the sims 2 it lagged, so i went out n got a 1g and its perfect now faster and better the game will load faster you pc will be faster and it will last longer. and a game will need a 1g of ram u wait m8 watch all these new games coming out are nothing compared to the next year games.

well of course theres a difference between 256mb to 1024mb!!! but after 1024mb its basically just icing on the cake.

Back
Top Bottom