Favorite OS?

i have been using PC's for god no's how many years and i have yet to have 1 crash

Lord Kalthorn said:
Nah; nothing is absolutely true - just because nothing can be completely true doesn't mean there aren't levels of truth? So things can be more true than other things.

Killing Millions of people for the fun of it is wrong; doesn't mean its wrong all of the time - because 'for fun' is the situation which defines whether its right or wrong and Killing Millions of people can be right. Which means nothing can be completely and objectively wrong becuase nothing becomes that until it has a situation or a reason.

there CANNOT be levels of truth if there is no absolute truth.
because, without absolute truth, there would be no authority to show how true something is.

Killing millions of people For Fun is always wrong.
the For Fun part is included in that.
because "killing millions of people for fun" is always wrong, there can be things that are objectively and completely wrong.
besides, that was just an example.
if everything was relative, you couldnt say that ANYTHING is wrong.
survival would be no better than destruction, etc.

I think Dual booting both Windows and Linux is the best option. :)

Linux is the best for servers, Windows is perhaps more convinient for home use.

I guess this arrangement would be best for new users of Linux. That's what i did b4 i got comfortable with Linux then i ditched Windows and went Linux all the way...

I heard somewhere that there are now viruses that can attack the Linux OS....I knew sooner or later it would happen.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Unix is a building block that Windows surpassed with 3.1; if you are trying to argue Mac OS by using Unix then you should realise any kind of Unix Development beyond perhaps Sun has gone a long time ago. Even Mac has surpassed Unix.

Hehehe. You surpass yourself, young lad.

LK, you never fail to provide me with a chuckle.

Thanks for making me laugh again :)

There's something about your special blend of a completely authoritative style with total and utter lack of clue on the topic at hand that just brings a smile to my face every time.

Linux is a Unix.

Since Mac OS X, all apple systems are now based on Unix as well.

So you could say at this point, it is Windows vs. Unix in the OS wars.

You could also say open-source vs. proprietary.

Back
Top Bottom