Solid State Member
hey guys, i'm new here, just wanted to ask a question,

this is the setup i have right now

AMD ATHLON 64 (3200)
ASUS motherboard
ATI 9800XT 256 video
SoundBlaster Audigy 2
120gig hard drive
1GIG of ram <------here is the question, i need to know what brand name i should get and what you guys recomand for my motherborad
motherboard it's a K8V SE Deluxe, i would like to know if i should get 1gig of OZ ram or Corsair, or Kingston, bla bla bla,

thank you

Go with Corsair. No ram company can beat the Corsair Value Select's prices.

BTW Airiox, how much was your XMS ram?

Well the stuff that I am getting now is XTRA LOW LATENCY and is $250, the one I have now was $200 and the value select was around $150.

ya, but listen, i herd that you need a specific kind to each motherborad, if you guys know what i mean?

ya ddr or sd ram
Your motherboard will be ddr, and get ddr thats clocked at 400mhz each stick or 450mhz.....thats what u want and if u find better get that, GET Corsair XMS, make sure it has a heat spreader....to get that ideal temperature, especially since amds run at higher temps than most processors

mach u seem to have alot of money get what costs the most and is made by corsair and is ddr400 or w/e u desire

LOL, you thought i didn't know if i had to get SDR or DDR, LMFAO, na na, i'm getting these found them

Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory(2x512MB) <----------these ones

Yeah you'll be happy with that. I just ordered 1gb (512x2) 533mhz ddr2 Kingston ram, havent got it yet so i dunno how good it is or not yet. From what i hear, you cant go wrong with Kingston or Corsair as long as its the right type for your mb.

mach i didnt noe how stupid u were, maybe u were some cat with alot of dough but didnt noe what to get.....dont make fun of me u didnt noe what brand of memory to get, ur the noob

Back
Top Bottom