Noob!!!

alataBS

Beta member
I'm completely mentally disabled when it comes to computers and anything to do with computers, but I wish to know more. I just need to know the different parts so that I can start to actually function in the social world of computer geniuses, but unfortunately, the "code language" means absolutely nothing to me. I would be very very grateful to anyone who is either willing to explain the parts or direct me to a link of some sort that I could then use to learn more about computers. Thank you so much for your help.

mother board- what all of the other parts hook into. the heart of the PC

graphics card-produces graphics which are displayed on your moniter

processor(CPU)-the heart of your computer, processes all of the data sent to it which is then sent to your moniter

Hard drive (HDD)- where all of the information on your computer is stored

Memory-Its hard to explain, it basically helps the CPU out in processing data by storing the most used files into it.

thanks, but how do I get more specifics. How do I understand other stuff when people start talking numbers. Is there anything else that I can learn about more specifically?

Vertical453 said:
mother board- what all of the other parts hook into. the heart of the PC

graphics card-produces graphics which are displayed on your moniter

processor(CPU)-the heart of your computer, processes all of the data sent to it which is then sent to your moniter

Hard drive (HDD)- where all of the information on your computer is stored

Memory-Its hard to explain, it basically helps the CPU out in processing data by storing the most used files into it.

Memory is kind of a temporary storage space. Like for instance your web pages use ram. The data on ram can be erased when you shut down the computer. So if you have web pages and you shut it off, and turn it on again, its gone. So any data thats not permenant and doesnt need to be stored,goes to the ram.

ram is liek short-term memory. It is what the applicationss or games that u open are temporarily stored while u are useing them

Back
Top Bottom