Laptop lags, dont know why

Spitfire0116

Beta member
I have dell inspiron 9100, here are some specs

Pentium 4 3.0 ghz
1 gig ram
256 mb ATI 9800
60 gig harddrive (15 gigs free)

and it lags during almost anything. It lags when i use Mozilla Internet Browser, AIM, Rise of Nations (big time), or even this one stupid Penguin Flash game. Sometimes when i open folders (usually ones that have at least 1 gig of songs or movies) the folder freezes. If i try to play some movies off of winamp, the movie lags and sumtimes it never even starts up becau se it freezes. I've run Spybot, Ad-aware, Symantic AntiVirus, Defrag, and Tuneup Utilities. I dont have that many programs open, they dont even use up a quarter of my ram. My computers not hot at all either. my processor usage is usually under 20 percent and it still lags. whats going on??? please help.

Im thinking maybe spyware. This crap will lag your comp to he.. Yeah may i suggest Adaware and also Spybot search and destroy. You might have a virus. I would suggest http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ for a good online virus scan.

let me know if this helps.

Do you have anything that checks stuff running? Some virus scan, firewall, spyware blocker, etc? Try closing some of these and see if it improves.

there arent any viruses, ive already scanned everything like that. although, i have noticed that i get spyware in my registry even when i havent downloaded anything at all since my last scan (which is every day). does anyone know wats going on?

Ive also checked running processes and startup, running processes never takes up any more than 178 mb and i have 1 gig of ram, and everything in startup is stuff i set up for it

Why do you keep sending people to your site when ever they ask a ? here ???

This is starting to Spam the threads.....

You are allowed to put your site in the advertizing section of the Forum, but not in every other thread....

Back
Top Bottom