USB stoped working

N8zer0

Beta member
I have an ASUS p4c800-e deluxe mb, with a p4 3.0 ghz prossesor, a 400 wat ps, a gig of ram, an 80gig RIAD hd, a radeon 9600, and an ATI TV wonder tv tuner. at the time of the problem the usb devices i had installed included: a logitech mouse, a wireless logitech wingman, and i had just installed a a data cable for my VX 7000. so here is what happend: i had just used installed the data cable, and was playing around with it. i was using it to place a call to my room phone. as i did that i heard the sound that means that a usb device has been disconected 3 times (once for each device i would ausume) i thought it froze so i restarted. sence that point my usb ports have not fully worked: when i plug something in like my mouse or the wireless wingman they are not recognised and the computer sees nothing atched to the usb ports, however when i plug in something that needs no drivers like a snake fan or LED light they work fine. i tried installing a the data cable on my tablet useing difrent drivers from the internet, and it works fine. however i tryed installing them on my desktop with still no change, i have tryed system resore but it said it could do it? i have updated drivers, flashed the bios, and almost everytihing else i could find in forums. i am out of ideas and cant find any one who has had my problem if any one has any ideas that would be great. (as a side note i should say that i am running winxp with sp2)
- N*8

First
How many ports do you have?

Where are thet located?

Do you have a card or onboard?

Make sure all conections are tight and nothing broken

After you answer these questions I may be able to help and solve your problem

~Joe

i have 8 ports all onbord, as far as i can tell all connections are good and nothing seems broken

ok, what is devise manager have to say about the USB ports....??

I would go to USB propeties & roll back the drive(s) to the original one's the OS put on there when you got the Comp.

Its more like a internal settings or currupt driver problem it sounds like. try reinstalling the drivers or repairing them. That might be why it can only read plug in play!

~Joe

the bios is on and i have tried updating the drivers (not that easy becasue my mother board asumes that windows will have the best drivers so they dont really make updates) also i would like to point out that it cant read plug and play or anything else that needs drivers, it doesnt even see the devices as being pluged in, but it still gives them power.

Back
Top Bottom