Favorite OS?

Mirosoft have monopolised the market and good on them well done

also, i would love to see MAC, LINUX, UNIX infact everyother OS survive under the pressure that Windows gets

they wouldnt last a week

if everyone used MAC then it would probly destoy them, from pressure of expliots hackers viruses trogans everything you say that is wrong with windows

AMD ZEN said:
Whatever, UNIX is superior to anything Gates will ever produce. And, 99% of the people think Windows XP is superior because it is the only choice "really" if you buy a PC (and 90% of those people who buy a PC are computer illiterate, and jsut buy a PC to do email and type documents).
Most people would say otherwise... practically all computer professionals. Unix is a building block that Windows surpassed with 3.1; if you are trying to argue Mac OS by using Unix then you should realise any kind of Unix Development beyond perhaps Sun has gone a long time ago. Even Mac has surpassed Unix.

More like 70-80% of those are computer illiterate. Of those, about 2% use Mac; which makes up all of about, what? two or three quarters of all of Mac's Market Share... :p That is what a Computer does; it is one of the many tools it is capable of and is a serious reason to get one - if Mac is not after getting the Computer Illiterate it will continue in obscurity.

AMD ZEN said:
Apple users are not computer illiterate at all. They know what they are buying, and why they are buying it. Plain and simple. Gates has almost monopolized the market, and almost effectively "brainwashed" people into thinking WindowsXP is soooo great.
Well... that's a theory. When you definition of most Computer Illiterate people is people who want to do e-mail and type documents then I imagine even Mac has those. :D Computer Illiteracy has sense still; and those know that paying for a Mac twice the price of a Computer simply because it is a Mac when trying to e-mail and do documents is stupid :D Even for a Mac User.

AMD ZEN said:
Well guess what? It isn't! Spyware, adware, trojans, etc. The latter 2, MAC OS users don't deal with. Why? Because MAC OS Panther/Jaguar creators were not stupid, and didn't put in Spyware to monitor their users.
That's a theory that many use but none have reasons that they can back up. Spyware, Adware and Trojans are in Mac; all know that. If by latter two you meant the first two ;) then you'd be wrong - because yes Windows has monitors; but even is the creators of Mac aren't stupid; Spyware is easily creatable and was invented before Windows put it in their machines. Things that aren't in the computer's infrastructure can be put in.

They don't deal with it because its a waste of money to develop Spyware and Adware for a dead product base. :D

AMD ZEN said:
Gates did, and look what it caused...... Kalthorn, do you own an Apple? If not, you have no right to insult MAC OS! Don't even do it. It is rude, and childish. I am done argueing.
If I was highly wealthy and had money to throw around I would own a newer one - but yes I have an Apple Desktop PC. I used it for a short period to see what it was like a few months ago; then I set up a meeting between it and my 2 stone sledge hammer.

Now that was fun!

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yup :D

Tell me one thing that's not Relative?

in response to everything being relative:

Absolute truth - a truth that is valid at all times, regardless of parameters or context.
if everything was relative, then there could be no absolute truth.
if there were no absolute truth, then nothing could be completely and objectively wrong or completely and objectively right.
if nothing could be completely and objectively wrong or completely and objectively right, then nothing could be any more right than anything else. (because there would be no real definition of what is right or wrong)
if nothing could be any more right than anything else, then nothing could be wrong at all.
if nothing could be wrong at all, then killing millions of people for the fun of it would not be wrong.

by saying everything is relative, you are logically leading to the conclusion that killing millions of people for the fun of it is NOT WRONG. but, as humans, we know this is wrong. that's why we try to punish those who murder other people.

As a restatement of my previous argument (based on the logical truth that: IF A -> B then NOT B -> NOT A):

Therefore; because killing millions of people for the fun of it is wrong, things CAN be wrong.
Because things can be wrong, some things are more right than others.
Because things can be more right than others, there are things that CAN be completely and objectively right or completely and objectively wrong.
Because there are things that can be completely and objectively right or completely and objectively wrong, there can be absolute truth.
Because there can be absolute truth, NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE RELATIVE.

Hopefully my point here is clear ;)

matt said:
Mirosoft have monopolised the market and good on them well done

also, i would love to see MAC, LINUX, UNIX infact everyother OS survive under the pressure that Windows gets

they wouldnt last a week

if everyone used MAC then it would probly destoy them, from pressure of expliots hackers viruses trogans everything you say that is wrong with windows

Lol.....I'm a certified PC/Mac techinician & Network Administrator...Left and right i get calls on crashed pcs and never once on Mac.... I've had my Mac for three years now and it has never crashed.....i also have a pc......Even with all the carefull handling i do to it.....It still crashes on me.....

The only credit I give Windows is their networking capabilities other than that....It is a very weak OS..... Plus 9 out of 10 pc users who blab about how much mac sucks have never even used one....

Macintosh systems are the standard for desktop publishing......Why is that, well my friend, Desktop publishing requires fast rendering and processing of video and audio multimedia.....Something Mac has perfected and Windows hasn't....Macintosh's shelf life is three times that of pc....And if you think the reason beind that is because PC's technology is always progressing, remember this all pc technology out today was being implemented in Macintosh systems year prior....Now when i think about it, Macintosh came out with 64bit processor almost two years ago.....PC's 64bit porcessor just came out les than a year ago.... Same goes with IEEE 1394, USB, and Java programming.....Oh yeah, the "new & powerfull" GUI standards being encorporated into Longhorn can be seen in MAC OSX Jaguar that was relese almost 2 years ago.....

In regards to Linux & Unix not being to handle what Windows handles.....*BWAHAHAHA*.......You certainly need to learn a thing or two.....

On a daily basis, i use both Operating Systems & know them both very well......When the day is finish, i still come back to my reliable BSoD-free Mac.....

On a final note......To quote Lord Kalthorn's signature "Make Love Not War"

If there can be networks where Windows & Macintosh can live together and share files and printers together..Why can't we do the same??

crysalis = hippie techinician

Picklee said:
Windows (98) 98 was the best, barely any bugs if any
That is completely wrong. 98 is very buggy compared to NT or XP, especially compared to 'real' operating systems (which does not include any version of Windows, btw).

I don't think the day will come when computers of any and all Oses can live together in harmony... Microsoft is seriously anti-competition. Don't even want to release the data of the NTFS filesystem, causing the huge delay in NTFS support in Linux.

broknhabit said:
in response to everything being relative:

Absolute truth - a truth that is valid at all times, regardless of parameters or context.
if everything was relative, then there could be no absolute truth.
if there were no absolute truth, then nothing could be completely and objectively wrong or completely and objectively right.
if nothing could be completely and objectively wrong or completely and objectively right, then nothing could be any more right than anything else. (because there would be no real definition of what is right or wrong)
if nothing could be any more right than anything else, then nothing could be wrong at all.
if nothing could be wrong at all, then killing millions of people for the fun of it would not be wrong.

by saying everything is relative, you are logically leading to the conclusion that killing millions of people for the fun of it is NOT WRONG. but, as humans, we know this is wrong. that's why we try to punish those who murder other people.

As a restatement of my previous argument (based on the logical truth that: IF A -> B then NOT B -> NOT A):

Therefore; because killing millions of people for the fun of it is wrong, things CAN be wrong.
Because things can be wrong, some things are more right than others.
Because things can be more right than others, there are things that CAN be completely and objectively right or completely and objectively wrong.
Because there are things that can be completely and objectively right or completely and objectively wrong, there can be absolute truth.
Because there can be absolute truth, NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE RELATIVE.

Hopefully my point here is clear ;)
Nah; nothing is absolutely true - just because nothing can be completely true doesn't mean there aren't levels of truth? So things can be more true than other things.

Killing Millions of people for the fun of it is wrong; doesn't mean its wrong all of the time - because 'for fun' is the situation which defines whether its right or wrong and Killing Millions of people can be right. Which means nothing can be completely and objectively wrong becuase nothing becomes that until it has a situation or a reason.

Back
Top Bottom