HELP!!Mess with Windows XP SP2

I think that if you format and then after run windows update and then install sp2 there shouldn't be any problems, which are caused by spyware, viruses, problems and overall interferences which are not the fault of sp2
because sp2 is great.... when it works right

But wouldn't i lose my data if i format.(though ofcourse i backed up the crucial things). And moreover if i run the windows XP i guess i automatically loads the sp1 which is slipstream with the OS on the CD. So i think i might again get screwed up as b4 if i try to get the sp2 in the system along with a sp1. (which i consider might be the root of the problem).
But its something i could have tried if there wasn't much data to loose. But now that i have got all the thinks i wanted safe and sound in my system as it was b4 i am happy and am not, to be frank, willing to part with it.
Human nature.......

But really thanks guys. U were of gr8 help. Saved my precious (system) from being a crap.

cool
yeh as long as it works there's no problem. sp2 does have some of it's own problems, but oh well
just so long as everything is working out for you :)

I would recommend staying away from SP2. There are some major bugs with networking and simple internet problems. Did you uninstall SP1 and then install SP2? Because SP2 is pretty much just an update.

I heard tat SP2 fouls up quite a number of programs in ur system. Is that true? I dont noe cos i dun use Windows.

well I can now officially say I've used sp2 and I'm having no problems. installed everything from windows update right after a fresh install, so if it's done right it should work. ;)

yea, SP2 does have a few bugs though. Most users are ussually okay but it does interfere with some ISP's and networking software as well as some firewalls.

I too have the same opinion as Picklee. I hear the best of SP2 from many while there exists a few mishaps due to the ISP and tight firewalls with the SP2 features.
Moreover I think it causes problems on systems with a pirated version of the any of the MS products. Well i am not sure of it myself but i have heard it. Does anyone have such an experience??....

SP2 has been known to have enough problems in itself I always updated to sp2 and it screwed up my computer the only way I was able to get it was to have Windows install itslef with SP2 built in

Back
Top Bottom