i cant activate my original copy of windows xp!

Wait a minute
XP OEM edition does not need to be activated. OEM's took that part out

XP Corporate Edition does not need activated (these are the cool unlicensed versions)

XP Home and Pro Retail (the ones you buy at the store) do need activation. Once activated if you try to activate again within 120 days they make you call. after 120 days the activation code is dropped from their database and you can reactivate over the web.
Using the call in activation is totally safe. Sometimes you do not even get a tech. If you do get a human you just tell them you formatted and reinstalled due to errors and they give you a 45 digit code to enter in. It's that easy, no muss, no fuss. I mean if you've already had it activated once that means it's already in their database. So unless you think it is pirated (not an accusation) everything should be cool. Or wait a 120 days and try again. Your Choice

well I know that if you allready registered, and your system crashes , and you have to do a system resore w/the window disks....

you won't be asked to activate windows, if you do the restore using the disk w/the driver's on it....

When you puchase a copy of Windows (or any program or that matter) you are not puchasing the program..you are purchasing the the right (license) to use that program..once it's activated, that's it..You used up your one license for that program....

There's nothing wrong with your Copy of Windows....

crysalis said:
When you puchase a copy of Windows (or any program or that matter) you are not puchasing the program..you are purchasing the the right (license) to use that program..once it's activated, that's it..You used up your one license for that program....

There's nothing wrong with your Copy of Windows....

You guys are just not getting the point. THIS IS WRONG!!!!!!!!

You don't just use up your license. The activation in windows is just an effort to thwart piracy. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR LICENSE AGREEMENT! You can, at any time, reactivate your copy of windows. If you have a reasonable excuse, such as:

1. My computer crashED and I had to reload.
2. I bought a new hard drive and had to reload
3. I installed several new components and activation came up

Or anything else you can think of. If you activate windows and then reactivate it within 120 days you WILL HAVE TO CALL. They don't record anything and know nothing about you or your computer. Of course if you call and say "Gee, I bought this copy from some shady character on the street." Yeah, then they might be suspicious. It's not like they're gonna check your build version or any thing else. If your self conscience about the windows you bought because you think it may be pirated; then for god's sake man go out and buy a legit copy and put it to rest!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

I Feel better now
Hope this helps

Vantim

Nice Vantim, someone finally has brains about WPA. Course not only that but you can only activate windows three times in the first 30 days that you own the product and Microsoft will only authorize 8 activations for a product.

Back
Top Bottom