Computer Lockup during Installing

Nimandir

Baseband Member
Well, I would have posted this in the topic I made before, but it appears to have been deleted, purged, or whatever.

The problem I'm having is that every time I try to install a game, my computer locks up solid as a rock. CTRL+ALT+Delete doesn't work, so I have to push the reset button to restart or hold the power button to shut it down. The disks for the game I'm trying to install is brand new and have no scratches, smudges, or finger prints on them. I've also used a CD cleaner on the disk drive's lens, but still no go.

I've ran scandisk and defrag and that has not helped ether. I also let the computer set for over an hour after it locked up to see if it might continue, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? :confused:

Nimandir said:
Well, I would have posted this in the topic I made before, but it appears to have been deleted, purged, or whatever.

The problem I'm having is that every time I try to install a game, my computer locks up solid as a rock. CTRL+ALT+Delete doesn't work, so I have to push the reset button to restart or hold the power button to shut it down. The disks for the game I'm trying to install is brand new and have no scratches, smudges, or finger prints on them. I've also used a CD cleaner on the disk drive's lens, but still no go.

I've ran scandisk and defrag and that has not helped ether. I also let the computer set for over an hour after it locked up to see if it might continue, but still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? :confused:

ur location seems a little worrying :confused:

I felt like putting something in for my location that was funny...though I'm not really hidding by a girl's window...or am I? lol

Okay, it appears I have solved my problems. Don't know why I didn't do this before.

Instead of using my D drive to install my game, I used my E drive. I've only used it for burning CDs, but I decided to try it on it anyway. Everything installed perfectly, so the problem I had has to be my D drive. I may have to replace it, but I'll look into it more before I do that.

Back
Top Bottom