Voting No Pissing About

AMD ZEN said:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All those companies suck!!! WTF, wait, only PNY is good!!

Here is the best GPU on the market! Try a solid company like...oh I don't know.... EVGA!!!!

HERE- Buy this, and then no more problems for you!!

http://www.wallapc.com/.sc/ms/dd/10...0Video%20Card%2C%20256MB%20GDDR3%2C%20256-Bit

Why do I know this?? Hmm, try this on for size!

I had 2X eVGA 6800GTs, and I overclocked them with base cooling over 400MHz!!! WTF.... Not many GPU companies do that do they? So end this debate, the best company is eVGA, HANDS DOWN! Argue if you want, but personally, argue with 400MHz.... And a STANDARD 1 YEAR WARRANTY FROM eVGA!!

RIGHT ON! got the same card from newegg w/ free doom 3 bundle for only $390!!! i wish i knew how to overclock, seems like it really helps with speed.

Ummm, I don't live in UK... BTW, eVGA has some of the highest ratings around. They are very good. You should try them out. They are solid, well cooled GPUs. And easy to OC. Own them, owned them, will never switch. Although MSI is OK, Gigabyte GPUs are not.... They make the best MOBOs (I won't argue that, because I love Gigabyte MOBOs), but their GPUs need some work.

Oh, and I really don't care if I argue with a Moderator at all. It is my opinion, so pls, no one warn me about argueing with a MOD. Thx!

Oh and I will argue that overclocking tool to the end. The best one on nVidia cards is actually coolbits if you don't want to deal with GPU BIOS programming etc. I hated Rivatuner. It was annoying and to hard to use for the simple things it actually did. I hate Rivatuner.

Vertical, use coolbit.reg
It is a registry editor, you can overclock safely using it. It will have you test the settings before you put them into place, and is great for a first time overclocker like yourself. It kept me from blowing up my first few GPUs a while back. Now I use voltage settings, etc, and a few other tools (not telling because people might try to do it and blow up their cards.) OCing is fun, just be careful, and remember this MOTTO:

Overclocking is a fast process, but take it slow, and you will be rewarded for it.

ok ZEN, i did d/l riva and it does seem complicated, i think im gonna try out coolbits now.

Alitt OT but: Are there any processor OC programs out there?

A few, but don't use them. I have had nothing but problems with them. Use a standard hardware overclock. It is very effective. I can't even think of any CPU OCing softwares out there except for a few FSB editors (which are very dangerous!! if you are not careful!!)

standard hardware overclock? what is that? and how far do you think i can overclock a AMD 64 3200+ to with stock cooling

Got to say 256MB XFX GeForce 6800 GT DDR3 TV + DVI; although perhaps on some thing there could be an advantage of the Quadro with 512 Megs.

A hardware OC is using the multipliers on the motherboard, and the BIOS as a "software" help. Lets see, an AMD 3200+ with stock cooling.. Hmmmm..... Good ?...... I would estimate (safely) around 2.2-2.3GHz (maybe 2.4Ghz if you have a Zalman cooling system) , but that is only with stock cooling. Put another 80mm (preferrably 120mm) fan over it, and you could maybe push 2.55-2.6GHz.

I gave mention to them earlier, and if not, I agree. They are also very good. I don't like their cooling on the 6800 series however.. It suks. Otherwise, great cards!

but eVGA is better..........................I mean the best..............

Back
Top Bottom