What about these upgrades??

wilk6100

Beta member
I have an hp pavilion ze5240 laptop. I am looking to upgrade...

1.(RAM with Kingmax 200 Pin 512MB DDR SO-DIMM PC-2100 - OEM);

2.add an (external hard drive, Seagate 200GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model ST3200822A, OEM);

3.the hardrive will be in this (case-AMS VENUS DS3 Aluminum Black 3.5" USB2.0/Firewire External Enclosure, Model "DS-2316CBK").

Does this sound like a good combo of upgrades?? Just looking for some other opinions before I buy. I'm going to use newegg.com b/c they rock.

I hate to burst your bubble. But if your going to buy a 200 gb HDD thats alot to cash out. May i suggest you get a Western digitial. I say this becasue when i pwned my seagate it went out after a year. even though i had a warrenty that was 2 years they didnt do anything. Now if you were to burn up your WD hdd they would have you a new at your door step in two days. IMC

Also. Im not sure but i think you might need to check your FSB on that. Cause you didnt mention a FSB in that post. You dont want to get the wrong one. But also im not sure if there is a FSB for Laptops.

BTW i like what it says at the bottom of your SIG hahahha. Rub it in *pushes on it* Dammit it wont rub in.

Thanks, but...

Thanks for the input, but from what I see and read on just about every website is that seagate is the way to go especially b/c of the 5 year warranty and the "reliability". The seagate HDD is only costing 123.00 bucks, not a lot of cash for a HDD in my opinion. Also, I'm looking into the FSB issue you guys brought up. Thanks for the input.......Now if I can just figure out a way to keep all the damn sand out of my laptop, life would be great!!!

WDs the way to go for hard drive. Trust me, i mean us, it really is the best brand of HDDs out there period.

I agree. Even if they do blow up, their warranties are great, can't lose either way.. ALL HAIL WD!!!

type "Hail" if you do!

HAIL for the RAPTOR WD!

and by the way zen, i see you have too raptors in your computer are they connected through RAID?

WD, Maxtor, and Seagate are all good in their own way. But yeah a 200 gig external costs a lot!!!

Back
Top Bottom