Interesting Suspend problem...

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
I recently got a keyboard with a sleep button on it(which I'd like to rip off!) Anyway, a couple times I would accidentally bump it and send my computer to sleep. Once everything had spun down and all, I'd wake it back up and log in. The comptuer will work fine for about a minute, or untill I try and play sounds. Then the audio is all muffled and such and it then it locks up completely. No CTRL ALT DEL or anything, I have to hold the power button down.

The computer works perfectly otherwise, and I have really never had it lock up on me other than when this happens.

The computer is an Abit KT7A mobo with an Athlon T-Bird 1.4GHz, 512M SDRAM, 80G HD, SB Live, Windows XP.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, the drive does spin back up when the comp wakes up...

You can always rip it out. Just take a butter knife, stick it under the key/button, and then pop it out.

I've never had a keyboard with a sleep button on it, so I don't have any ideas on what to do, sorry.

LOL, I know I COULD take it out, but I don't want the keyboard to look like crap. I just got a new one so it looks pretty nice :p

It sounds like you got POWER problems on the OS side. A while back microsoft released a update for this. They found that when people would come back the os wouldn't give the parts it needed the right ammount of power or something. May i suggest windows update? By now windows has made all the older releases into "security update" packs that show up instead of 30 to 40 new updates.

I shall look into that sometime... I ran the update manager fairly recently, but perhaps I missed this one?

Mwahah...thanks. I didnt' think I had that option being a keyboard button rather than a "switch" as on my laptop

Back
Top Bottom