A new computer idea

yeah thats the idea ... if mobiles can do it and the PSP can do it ... I am sure a palm pc could do it!

Standard Specifications
- Memory: 64MB SDRAM (46MB user accessible), 32MB Flash ROM
- Processor: 400MHz Intel X-scale Processor
- Transflective Colour TFT LCD [64,000 Colours]
- SDIO Secure Digital Expansion Slot - also works with MMC [multimedia cards]
- Compact Flash [CF] Expansion Slot - also suitable for Microdrives
- Screen Dimensions: 240x320 pixel touch screen
- Power: Removable rechargeable 1000 mAh Lithium-Ion battery
- 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Microphone/Speaker can be used as a dictaphone
- Dimensions: [w]76.4 x [h]115.4 x [d]15.4 mm
- Weight: 144.2g

This is an interesting spec. at the moment you can get 1gb SDRAM and the PSP has USB 2 ports so you can connect keyboard, mouse etc. I suppose a PDA could also do that but the HP PDA doesn't support USB at the moment.

But it is like a mini computer from five years ago (cool!!! :)). Anyhow, I suppose that the PDA would need a 64 mb graphic card (minimum) and a Intel Celeron or similar processor.

This is interesting, furthermore, it would require an operating system that could be ungraded from the net. Therefore, this would need a wifi connection and the option for normal internet connection.

Any ideas how to get small technology from the usual suppliers for like a PDA?

matt said:
PSP can only last like 3 hours

XBM(XBox Mini) now that would be cool

power would take up that much

the game would be downgraded bare in mind

Well depends what your doing with it. Music is about 20 hours, while movies are like 2-3 hours and games are about 2-3 hours too (the battery life is short cuz the disc has to keep running during the game/ movie).

There's always Cold Fusion... :cool:

What's wrong with a Tablet PC? They're not that heavy, convenient, lots of extra useful features, and many extremely fast and useful Intel Centrino Adaptations. Some even spin around to become Laptops, so you don't even have to carry a keyboard and mouse around with you if you don't like the touch screen ones.

Yeah those are cool. My dad was thinking about getting one, but he decidied to wait till the prices drop.

But as some of you maybe aware, you don't have to go in the shops to buy HL2 and so the future of buying software for your computer is online!

So imagine with the palm thing you log on and purchase any game and then it downloads to your PDA. You then play it without a disk, that would be cool!!!!

Anyhow, is anyone interested in developing this idea with me? I am looking to build a replica to get it started.

for christmas im getting some more bits for my PDA like a keyboard, more memory so on....

it can also have a wifi adapter

just couse it hasnt got a USB port doiesnt mean it cant do it
its also running Microsoft Pocket PC 2003

Back
Top Bottom