Help with Ram

truarabplaer

In Runtime
I have 128 mb sdram 133 mhz, in my mobo now it has one more slot for adding another. I baught a k-byte 256 mb 133 mhz, and tryed to insall it with the 128, but the computer did not detect the 256. So I installed it by itself and when i booted the computer up it only beeped about 8 time. and would not start up. If anyone know what is wrong please let me know. My mobo book says it supports up to 512 mb from 2x256.

Thanks,
Chris

IT might be that you got the wrong DDR, PC, or FSB for the mobo. What kind of mobo is it?

It is a ? it an old e-machines that im upgrading for my brother the fbs is right 133 mhz. The shyte costed $110, so i was supper blowed.

I might be mistaken. I only worked on a old comp a couple times. I had to use PC133 for it. And 110 bucks for 256. Where the hell did you order from. The most you should have to pay is 60 or even 70 bucks prolly cheaper. Send it back. Find the right one you need. then order from www.newegg.com or www.zipzoomfly.com if your in the us. There are alot of site out there for comps. Look at least at 3 or 4 and find the best price all around.

Thanks for the coments i baught it from best buy (i know it was dumb) im planning on returning it. I just wanted to know if it had to do with non-ecc, i dont know what that is but that was what was required by my mobo. ne way ill probbably get it from newegg now. Thanks

haha yeah. I dislike Bestbuy for comp parts just cause the sell alot of crap, have little info on what there talking about. Not all just some.

Come to the Best Buy I work at. I'll get you the right part. Most of my "fellow" employees are morons.... I however, will give you soooo much information, your head will pop. AND BEST BUY DOESN'T SELL CRAP! Many system components we carry are excellent! Examples: BFG and PNY GPUs, Kingston/Crucial/Corsair RAM, WD/Seagate/Maxtor/Hitachi HDs, etc! Those are not crap. Now as far as information goes, ask a geek squad member, "most" of them are very intelligent on the matter, except for a few.

Back
Top Bottom