Windows XP, adding a new service pack to your install CD

dfx866

Beta member
Hey I've got a really good question, acctually two of them, for everyone out there. I've got a Windows XP SP1 CD and have had SP1 installed and life was good. Then SP2 came out so I downloaded it, used it, worked fine. Well I had to format my computer recently and that means redownloading and reinstalling SP2. Now what I want to know is can I get a redistribution file of the SP2 update and replace the old files on my CD with the new ones? Will this work, and if it would work how can i do it so that my cd is still bootable because obviously if I just make a data project on Nero with the new files it won't be bootable (no I don't know how to make a bootable cd with Nero either so if you know TELL ME!). Yeah, thats it. Thanks if you know how and tell me.

P.S. Even if it wouldn't work to copy the SP2 files you guys can still tell me how to make a bootable copy of a XP cd with modified files

What you need to do; is download a ISO for an SP2 Windows Disk. Then use the code you used before - and its all legal and fine.

Interesting, if it is completely legal to download iso files, where do I download them other than Kazaa? I don't really like weeding through the downloads when there are so many unwanted results.

Back
Top Bottom