new mobo question

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
i have just fitted a new mobo. when i switch on my unit, it powrs up but i get nothing on my monitor. my monitor is hooked into my graphics card, does this matter?
woz

Does the mobo have onboard video too? Try using that and make sure it's not trying this card first.

Check the PC speaker connection. Maybe it's trying to beep and we could work around some error codes.

Does it cut off by tapping the power button, or must you hold it down?

Um...as usual with this kind of problem, be sure everything is seated proporly, perhaps remove some stuff if you can to see if anything is cauing some conflict...

Well make sure all the power connections are in right. You may want to switch around the ram and make sure the video card is securely in place. I have had this problem before.

Yeah. I just built my new comp. I put in the video card and it didnt boot up the screen. I pulled my ram and replaced it. If you formatted your HDD on another computer that had a different GFX card you are going to have to uninstall that GFX driver. At least thats what i had to to do. Good luck.

no probs now guys. had to remove cmos jumper and replace it. its all tickety boo now.

i think i might be becoming a geek aghhhhhhh lol.
woz

Back
Top Bottom