Help me choose which one

it should work. but what ever you do dont get the 5200 get the 9600. if you have the money, get a new mobo. Thats what i would do.

blackrainbow said:
I went on to there website (Nvidia) and in the FAQ section I found this

Will an AGP 8X graphics card work in a motherboard which only supports up to AGP 4X mode?

NVIDIA based graphic cards which support AGP 8x mode (Accelerated Graphics Port) follow the AGP 3.0 specification. The AGP 3.0 specification retains backwards compatibility with older AGP 4x technology. All NVIDIA Geforce and Quadro GPU's which support AGP 8x mode are downwards compatible with AGP 4x motherboards. When a graphics card which operates at AGP 8x mode is installed on a motherboard which only supports up to AGP 4x mode, the card will automatically switch to AGP 4x operation.

So I am confused now as to if it will fit and play :)

never thought they did that ?

Yes, all AGP 3.0 8X cards are in compliance with the AGP 4X technology.

Did you read my post on the new nVidia 6200 w/ TurboCache? It is a great card for under $100, but sadly it is only PCI Express. Here is a solution to your troubles. Get the card below. It will not bottleneck on AGP4X too much, and is very fast, and very overclockable.

http://www.buyxg.com/store/item.asp?key=VC-127-139

Only $75USD. That is about the price range you wanted to stay under I believe. Where do you live. I can easily have a Google Spider released to find all 5700 cards within that price range. It will only take about 10 mins. The spiders are fast (I have a friend who works on Google), and they find things unbelievably fast. [[[[<>]]]] Here Comes THE GOOGLE SPIDERS!! AHAHAH!

Back
Top Bottom