AMD 64 Bit Processor

DrumBox85

Solid State Member
I'm not too up to par with the pros/cons of the 64 bit processor. I am looking at buying me a new computer here soon and I was wondering if I could get some feedback as to some suggestions or reviews about the Athlon 64 bit processor. Thanks.

OK. I'll probably use it to program for my classes next semester. Other than that, games are probably gonna be the thing I'm gonna do on it. Besides the basic word processing and instant messaging. That's about it for the usage of the computer.

Accualy, it's not that great for gaming.....because 99.9% of games are made for 32 bit systems, not 64. That might change in 2005, but you can't be sure.

AMD64 bit chip series hands down. They are optimized for both 32bit and 64bit, so you can't lose.

Basic FACTS:

AMD64 FSB= 1600Mhz

Intel P4 w/HT Tech=800MHz
Intel EE w/HT Tech=1066MHz

AMD Processor Pipelines-8 lines
Intel Processor Pipelines-20 lines
(BTW, ther fewer the pipelines, the fast processes take place)

Ok, you decide, but all I know is that Intel Blows!!! (except Pentium M)

rakedog said:
Accualy, it's not that great for gaming.....because 99.9% of games are made for 32 bit systems, not 64. That might change in 2005, but you can't be sure.

Yeah, good point. But alot of compaines are already making 64-bit games. S.T.A.L.K.E.R is going to be 64bits, and theyre gonna make a 64 bit version of farcry too. But either way its actually really good for games. I have one, so I would know. :)

I agree Alvino. I "had" one, until my MOBO shorted out, and it blew up :mad: . I am getting another system very soon, but I have to say, the FX-55 is so fast, no Intel Processor can touch it.

AMD ZEN said:
I agree Alvino. I "had" one, until my MOBO shorted out, and it blew up :mad: . I am getting another system very soon, but I have to say, the FX-55 is so fast, no Intel Processor can touch it.

Amen to that :).

Alright. Well my question has been answered. Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna go with the AMD 64. If compatibility is the only thing I have to worry about, then a little while from now, I won't be worried about it. Technology changes so quickly that if you have a head start on it, then you should be ok. Thanks again for the help.

Back
Top Bottom