creating a partition

yoyo920

BSOD
hihi another post!!!

i tried to partition my c: in cmd the otehr day but it wouldnt let me create it. i heard that u CAN do it using cmd . i also found taht my c: is in a primary partition!!. any suggestions on how i can create a partition

I have never heard that you can create/split a partition using the cmd command. Your best bet, use a program like Powerquest's Partition magic. Does all the work for you, just sit back and watch.

i tried using partition magic but it didnt let me create one........... it said error 1530 :zero reference count.... tried chkdsk but still dont work
any suggestions?

I dont know what that error means. The only errors i have had with partition magic i have been able to fix with a chkdsk (from cmd or through partition magic itself). Otherwise i have created partitions, split, merged, moved, resized...you name it with that program and everything worked great. Then there is also drive magic which i use first to back everything up, just in case anything does go wrong...

Sorry i cant help more without actually knowing what that error means. :(

No b/c most of my partitions are primary (i believe you are allowed 4, but dont quote me on that). Your OS has to be on a primary partiton b/c a logical partition is not bootable.

Back
Top Bottom