resolution and monitor refresh rates

rymort

In Runtime
I am running at 1280x1024 the highest resolution I can go. Although my refresh rate on my monitor will only support 60hrz. If I unhide the rates at which my monitor can go at, i can make it goto 85 hrz and even 200hrz, although 200 is rediculous. I do want it to be at 85 though.

Is this a good idea? Will it burn out my monitor faster?
What is the cons of doing this?

Wait, have you tried it? It should not work at all... If it does, be wary, it may burn out the Cathode Ray Gun, or the LCD crystals (if it is LCD)

normally when you do this, the screen blacks out, and you have to wait until the 15sec timer runs out before it reverts.

It won't do a thing to and LCD as they don't run by Hz. If you have an LCD, just set it to the lowest setting.

As for a CRT, normally it will go black when it can't be handled, but some will work. However, things can become damaged over time if it's higher than it's rated. Check your monitor specs. They should be on the box or perhaps the manufactures website.

the specs say 60 hrz at this res, but i was wondering if i put it at 85 so i dont see the black flashing shit will it hurt my monitor, how long will it take to kill me monitor?

I don't know for sure. I just wouldn't try it. I'd say bump your res down unless you REALLY want it that high and run it at at least 72Hz. That is suppose to be what is best for your eyes(72-75 or higher)

Back
Top Bottom