getting programs to use more ram?

becuase when i use Dr. divx, my compueter runs very fast but it taks like hours to finish, so i thought if it used more ram then it would go faster

NOPE.... BTW, I was really sick, so sry I missed anyones ?s....

OH, wait.... I still am sick, but I went back to school today (stupid finals....) ANYWAY, I hate my German final, and I am going to kick ass on my science finals and Calculus. English is "so-so".... Oky Doky. This was totally off subject, but nevertheless, true and valid.

Also, the NOPE.... above was in response to the question of increasing the total amount of usable ram by a program or application in a given period. Simply, no, this "ram usage" is based on the programs total code required, so I suppose if you could add code to the program itself, then you could infact increase the RAM used, but overall, the reason it runs slowly is most likely because the "total code" (the code of the program in its entirety) is a very simple, inefficent code (the goal of all OS makers is to make a code that is simple, yet highly effiicent) The most efficient code to date that is very simple, yet powerful, is UNIX. LINUX, being based off some parts of UNIX, is highly efficient, as is MAC OSX series, because it uses a UNIX base command.

So, in conclusion, if you were able to change the code of this program from whatever it is to UNIX based code, the program would require less ram, and less code. Hope this explains it...

Simplified= More Code=More Ram

BUT....

Better Code=Less Ram

SO...

Less CODE + Better CODE= MINIMAL Ram usage and FASTER program.

Back
Top Bottom