My Shiny New Toy...

jay8990

Daemon Poster
ok this kinda like rat_boy_100's post but he has bought the components for his shiny new pc! i wanna make sure i dont screw up before i buy! looking to build a pc for some nice gaming and geneal use. should cope with new medal of honor great - dam im a sucker for that game! so I came up with this spec... u guys think this will run ok and that?

Gigabyte GA - K8NS Pro ATX
-Socket 754, AGP 8x, 3xDIMM up to pc3200(max 3gb), nvidia chipset, max 1600mhz fsb, serial ata w raid 0.1, dual bios, ata 133 RAID, 8channel sound, 5xPCI, n the normal I/O including USB, firewire and ethernet ports

AMD Athlon64 3400+
2.4GHz clock speed (Is this correct? some sites iv read post it at 2.2GHz?), 512 L2 cache, im sure ya'll know the other good things to the amd!

zorro-x tower w 400w PSU + an internal fan inc, from microdirect (looks the part anway and seem big enough for me!)

Corsair 2x512 pc3200 RAM
Unbuffered, CL 2(dont actually know what this is if anyone wants to tell me!), silver heat spreader, 184pin

Maxtor Diamond Max Plus 9 120GB HDD
SATA 150, 7pin serial ata, 7200 rpm, 8mb buffer

Graphics (open to any ideas if anyone thinks I can get a better card to run MOH for around £70)
nVIDIA GeForce FX5700LE 256MB DDR, 8x AGP, core: 250MHz/ 128bit, ramdac 400MHz

Sony DVD Writer D22D Dual layer , Windows XP Home OEM, TFT Monitor, Cyber Acoustics Speakers, floppy drive, 2nd cd/dvd rom drive, card reader, tv tuner, extra fans??

this should all come in at around £900 mark, im open to any suggestions and advice whatsoever.....

thanks a lot

Jay

Great motherboard...
Great processor...
Great RAM...
Good Graphics...

Very good selection there mate. Not sure why its come to £900 though, building a computer is meant to be cheaper than buying it built, but £900 is probly more than what you could buy a built comp of the similar specs for. What places are ya buyin it all from? I got all mine from ebuyer it was only about £150. Bearing in mind i already have the drives, monitor, and case :)

well i tryin not to take things off the old comp- leave that one to the folks. so that price includes the tft monitor and all the extra crap dah reeeeeeeeely need (card reader, second cd drive, floppy....)

Taking prices from ebuyer, microdirect, aria, simply computers.

mobo £80, procesor £150, case £30, hdd £60, RAM £130, graphics £65, dvdrw £45, os £50, tft min £150...it all builds up quick! that all is £700 there so... any recomendatons for other cheaper shops very welcome!

I have heard some conflicting things about the 754pin processors, does not have the dual DDR? is this something to worry about? should i be looking more to the later 939?

thanks a lot

what graphics would u recommend then?
sticking to about £70 please! lol the student loan is disappearing here...

Back
Top Bottom