mmmmm hows that then.

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
as you may have read in one of my other posts, i have been troubled by random freezing on my p.c. however last night i turned up my security settings to high. my computer has run all day without freezing, but at a very slow speed. i.e, my screensaver is the rotating clock which normaly turns and twists smoothly while showing the time. today it was jumping and stuttering all day but like i said no freezing up! i re-set the computer when i got home then turned down the security to medium.
hey presto within ten minutes a freeze occured.
this info might tell someone something obvious, but i can not make head nor tail of it.
any suggestions welcome.
woz

i had the same problem so i went inside my computer took important parts out then placed them back in because they may have been loose !! and i havn't has a problem.

How long have you had your computer for ? maybe u have to upgrade ur processor and or HDD

cheers for advice. i may try that.
or then again i might try pouring hot oil into it and crushing the damn thing lol.

no, seriously now, i have taken everything out once but it still torments me aghhhhhhhhhh.
woz

I usually punch mine first, then if that doesn't work I kill myself. Works very well...either your computer works or you don't have to know that it doesn't.

lol, i wouldn't dream of hurting my poor PC :D , I love it so much :p !!

Treat your PC with respect and it will respect you !! :p

when did you buy your computer ?

your specs in your sig is the best so i do really no, all i can say is check your cables, maybe a faulty hard drive? how long have you had that for?

all new 8 months ago.
i ran a check on hdd which came through all clear.
as did the test i ran on my cpu.

one thing bothers me thoug, and that is that my problems seemed to start at the same time i started playing " call of duty online".
could the game have caused a fault in my mobo?
if i was on it constantly for 2 or three hours it would suddenly reboot the computer with no warning. i no longer play the game because i am worried that that was the cause.

could call of duty be the culprit?
woz

i don't think its the game, try a reinstall of the game and see what happend ?

it would be your computer, in your sig i would think that the game should run fine, try to get hold of some more ram because games like that need lots !!

your graphics card is ace so no probs there.

get hold of another 256 mb if you can.

will do, im changing my mobo tomorow for a superior type.
get ready for a thousand post with the inevitable problems i will face.
woz

Back
Top Bottom