Build or Buy?

Iron Plum

Beta member
Hey all
ok i have a pretty large budget i think :rolleyes: i am a keen designer for websites and stuff like that i was wondering would it be better to go to a shop and buy a computer pre made or get the stuff and get someone to make it for me

also can you sujest some what would be the ideal kind of stuff to have in it like RAM memory so on so forth and also like pentium 4 or whatever the other ones are
thanks

if you have qiuite a bit of money get the AMD 64 fx-55, it is the best cpu out there, get a mobo with the socket to match that has an 8agp card slot, and has the newest ddr slots availble to you. get roughly 1gb -2gb of ddr ram (Cosair) and get a radeon 800xt or an nvidia 6800 ultra video card....both are similar get seagate hard drives( for you i would guess at least 120gb) and get a decent sound card, ethernet card etc. we u need, if u buy the case make sure it has a large power supply, like 500w or so, and get tons of fans, they are cheap and improve you system drastically(maybe get a heatsink), and if you have the dough you can go with "risky" water cooling(not if properly installed)

building is much higher quality if a professional assemblys it, but he should have some sort of waranty if it is that persons company that built it.

if u make one decision get dont get a pentium 4, get a amd 64 fx-55 it will be ideal for web page designing, the p4's top of line extreme edtion can only beat the amd on some gaming platforms, but its a tight race even then

i am building my own PC becasue i want the specs that i need ! and shops add like £100 to the price when they build it. if you don't no what you are doing then buy one from a shop.

Build. The satisfaction and the fun is already better than just buying one. Also if you build your own you wont have shitloads of preloaded crap in your computer.

Back
Top Bottom