g630 wireless internet card help.

oneafterdark

Baseband Member
ok, here's whats up. My friend bought a laptop. Its not the best laptop ever but it works. We got a d link wireless card so he could get the internet in his room. It is in the basement with one wall seperating him from the split. It worked the first time with windows 2000. It was running really slow so he wanted to put windows 98 on it. So i set it up *not the first time i did this so im pretty sure i did it right,* and put the softwear on it for the d-link and set it up by the book. Now it wont get a good enough signal (goes from 60's to mid 70's) to stay connected. I was just wondering if there is some way to get this thing working for him. Any other info you need just let me know. Any help is good help. Thank you.

2.4GHz to 2.462GHz is the frequency

and i dont know what speed its got. it doesnt say on the website.

ok, but what should i do. I dont know much about wireless stuff at all. It worked when we had the original softwear on there. Then when we put it back on its not working as well.. is there a way to set up the card or the roughter to find eachother better? and are the link quality supposed to jump around alot?

just to let you guys know, i got it working. The g630 says that its compatible with windows 98. Which it is, but there is minor clashes where it doesnt work as well.. so i put 2o00 on it and it works way good. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom