College Question...

Pelzar200

Beta member
Well, my goal is I want to make video games when I am older. I was hoping that some of the people on this board can tell me what I need to do to pursue that goal. Right now I am living in the New Orleans area and plan to attend either LSU or ULL and get a degree in Computer Science. My other question is: How much computer knowledge should I have going into these classes? Right now I just learn what I need to know to do repairs on my own PC, and optimize for gaming. I do not have any skill in programming, hardware or web design. I am wondering if my lack of further training will make these classes an impossible challenge for me. I would also like to know any schools you guys could recommend to me. If you would rather (and I would) speak to me other than in this forum, contact me at:
Pelzar200@yahoo.com
AIM - fuzz5sky
Or if you happen to play WoW, my name is Blast on Thunderlord server.

Thanks for any help you can give me :)

Umm.. Try learning Java its a good lanuage to write games in, (maybe a little slow). U can Download all the software from www.sun.com, first if u dont know any thing about java i reccomend Begining programing for dummies by:barry burd Hope u find what u want.

J#!

Everybody seems to want to learn Java, but they cease to realise J# is a better Microsoft Java, and Java will die in the near future so they'll have to move to that anyway eventually :D

Java is a very good lanuage and i doubt it will go ne were for a while, there is compation, but java came with a big impact!

Back
Top Bottom