Motherboard upgrade

OK, so ECS is a no go then, good to know. My mobo now is ASUS and i havent had any problems with it *knock on wood*. So, here's another question, i have 2 harddrives and 1 CDRW in my box. How can i tell what is IDE and what is SATA (preferably without opening the box)?

This is my current mobo: http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socket478/p4s333-m/specification.htm

What do i have to make sure of when finding a new mobo to upgrade to? I would very much like to keep all that i have in there, the whole point of the upgrade would be to move to a PCI express mobo with nvidia 6600gt video card. I do not want to spend too much money on upgrading everything and losing my harddrive or memory or whatever.

As I said, don't fix something that isn't broken. :) Asus is a great company. Though if I were you I'd switch to AMD.

Your right its not broken, but i wanna play games and i can barely play anything on such an old video card (geforce mx 100/200 32mb). So i want to upgrade the card and wont spend $200 on a geforce 5900 when the 6600GT is about the same price and will last years longer and is a way better card.

When i boot up my pc, it says:
Primary master: Samsung 40gb HD
Primary Slave: Samsung CDRW
Secondary Master: none
Secondary slave: Western Digital 120gb HD

Does this mean that all 3 devices are IDE or can you not tell from that?

Back
Top Bottom