Another Problem reformatting

rymort

In Runtime
MY friend wants me to reformat his computer, i reformatted it, got several programs installed, nero, norton 2004, spybot, and ad-aware, i went to go get windows updates next and boom the computer just shuts off as if thr power went out, so i restarted it and i tryed to do a virus scan but again without warning it shutsdown again. So i insert the windows cd and reboot and decide to reformat the computer again.... and during the windows installation the computer shutsdown again after the hard drive was formatted. At first i was connected to the internet through a router with firewalls enabled. but the third time i tryed to reformat and install windows i wasnt connected, i have disconnected the ethernet plug.

Im using windows xp on a intel celeron 1.2ghz 512 sdram.

What could be the problem?

thats very likely, turn the computer off for an hour, then turn it on and leave it, not doing anything, if it shuts down right away im not sure that its an overheating problem, but if it shuts down after > 10 minuits or as soon as you start doing stuff, it mighnt be overheating.

yes i tried that already, when i leave the computer not doing anything it shuts down still but takes alot longer. like 30 mins, but if i put a load on it,m installing stuff it shuts down after like 5-10 mins

could i just open his case and put a huge fan blowing on it to get everthing done? then give it back to him?

Back
Top Bottom