no audio

xstealthstriker

Baseband Member
i used a new motherboard and video card and everything now works, except for my audio. i have to turn my speakers all the way to the maximum, and i can still barely hear the sound. can anybody help me? my old computer used 2 b a dell.

my pc had a setting in the bios to enable the on board sound card. might be that, it could be set to disabled.
woz

down in the system tray beside the time and date look for a little speaker icon, click it and turn the sound up there, that is most likely your problem

Or you may have the cord plugged into the incorrect hole. DELL had special colors that didn't follow the standard colors of today.

Check the cable and make sure you are plugging it in the correct hole.

I assume you've checked all the volume levels and such? Wav and Master are up pretty high?

Did you use to have sound? Or have you never gotten any? If not, first make sure you have the speakers plugged into the right port. Default is green. Also, you might want to look around to see if there's some way to disable the amp on the motherboard. Speaker amps could be bad too. Be sure it's plugged in and they work. Test them somewhere else or try some other speakers/headphones.

Finally built your comp eh? Thats cool. Yeah all that advice up ther should help your problem.

yeah, i did all those, still dont work. dont forget, i CAN hear the sound, i just have to turn my speaker dials ALL the way up, and when i do that, the sound is a little weird since its up so high, and the sound i hear is hella soft. i can barely hear it. do i need 2 download any drivers or anythin? i built a new pc sort of, i got a new motherboard,case, and video card.

does your mobo have sis audio on board?
mine did, and when i reformated i had to go into bios to enable the sis chip, in the pci device.

woz

or mabye u put the sound card in the pci slot wrong, u didnt fry it cuz ur getting sound, so its probably a motherboard issue, try turn things on in ur bios and mess around with it its not like u can screw up the sound to terribly more than it is

which motherboard do you have? are your speakers powered? if your speakers aren't powered it's possible that your onboard sound isn't driven...aka, it has no amp, you may have to get powered speakers if it isn't driven. I ran into this same problem when I built my new computer, I was using the speakers from my old computer which were not powered speakers, my sound was real low and could barely hear it. It was the onboard sound on my Asus A7V600, and I ended up buying new speakers anyway that were powered, and ended up getting a sound card too cuz the onboard audio sucked.

Back
Top Bottom