Favorite HDD

I really don't have a favorite, but I do have a worst. SEAGATE!!!

Right now I am using dual IBMs in my RAID system, WD in both of my Tivos and a Hitachi in my laptop. I use to run a little side project building computers 200-300 a year and I have had problems with every HDD out there.

My top five worst:
1. Conner (bought my Seagate)
2. Seagate
3. Hitachi
4. Quantum Fireball (IDE only, UW-SCSI was the best)
5. Samsung

Im using a Seagate right now, its never had any problems before, and its quiet as hell also...

You people who like maxtor should be drug out into the street and shot ;P Or at least be aware of my story with those drives. The system I'm on now has had at least 6 maxtor drives in it. Since I changed to Seagate, I've yet to have a problem. Yes, they are quiet as people say...unfortunetly I can't say the same about my processor fan...

You people who like seagate should be drug out into the street and shot.

Hahahahah.. you're very foolish for liking Seagate. I went through more then a half dozen of their drives in the past (my friends have gone through more). They are horrible, terrible drives. They are sluggish, and are of poor quality.

Maxtor is definitely the series of the fastest, most reliable drives out there. If you argue with me, it is apparent you are a noob or a seagate fan-boy sucked into the delusion you have the best hard-drive ever (when in reality it sucks).

Giancarlo said:
You people who like seagate should be drug out into the street and shot.

Hahahahah.. you're very foolish for liking Seagate. I went through more then a half dozen of their drives in the past (my friends have gone through more). They are horrible, terrible drives. They are sluggish, and are of poor quality.

Maxtor is definitely the series of the fastest, most reliable drives out there. If you argue with me, it is apparent you are a noob or a seagate fan-boy sucked into the delusion you have the best hard-drive ever (when in reality it sucks).
you really don't have a clue huh?

Back
Top Bottom