Computer randomly reboots! Help please!

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Hi, I have 2 computers in my house, the one i'm on now, and one downstairs (which this comp runs off on a wireless lan). The downstairs comp keeps randomly rebooting and once its done that, it'll keep doing it when you turn it back on. But for some reason if you leave it for a while it might go for a while longer when you start it up again. It seams like a temperature thing cus it'll go first thing in the morning or if we've left it off for quite a while but once its rebooted its just about impossible to get it to stay on again. But also it'll reboot when we put a cd in the master cd drive, sometimes we'll get away with it but as soon as the cd starts spinning or as soon as we start installing whatevers on it, it'll reboot! Its driving us crazy! And is also p*****g me off cus it shuts me network and internet off on this comp! Please help me, and give me some ideas cus i'd love to fix this instead of buying new parts or paying to get it fixed. I'd be so greatful if somebody can help me cus this is the most annoyin thing i've experienced wit a comp n its been goin on for ages. The comp has a 1.6 pentium, 245w psu. Could it be the psu? I would of thought if it was the psu, it would go off and stay off. But maybe psu's dont work that way? Anyway, please help meeeee!!!!

ok i downloaded the ram test thing but i aint a clue how to do it. i just get a txt file, and then a loada other stuff when i extract it in win image.

i guess its memtest86. Just create the boot disc and boot up from the disc from ur BIOS.

I have a 230W PSU running a Athlon xp 2700 and my computer is very unstable and sometimes keeps restarting when i boot up, i am in the process of getting a psu there cheap so get 1

Well i wasn't shure if it was a temp. prob. or a Ram prob....So i thru that in their just incase....

ok well i ran a RAM test on it last night and it said no errors but the fuckin thing restarted again before it finished....any more suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom