Motherboard upgrade

d_source

Daemon Poster
Motherboard upgrade (915P-A V1.0)

I just found a motherboard which has both PCI Express and AGP slots.
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-135-157&depa=0
http://www.ecsusa.com/products/915p-a.html

My question. I have 2 hardrives and 1 CDRW drive. I am also planning on getting a DVDRW drive very soon. I dont know much about IDE. It says there is only support for 2 IDE devices, so does that mean i cannot have the 2 hard drives and the CDRW (and eventually the DVDRW) on this board?

Wow...I've never seen a new board with a single IDE controller... Well, if you must, there are PCI IDE controllers...

don't get a ecs unless you want to replace it soon. Yeah and lots of boards are going with a single ide, everything is going sata.

ECS has it's good and bad boards... My desknote is an ECS and has been going strong for the past year or so. *knocks on wooden desk* Though, if you could afford some other brand. I too would recomend it. MSI or Abit are suppose to be some of the best...

ECS is working out for me as well. My Gigabyte and Asus mobos all conked out on me barely after a year of usage. I've been using my ECS for 2 years plus and it's still going strong.

I have had bad experiences with ECS.. whether helping friends or with myself... I went through several of their boards in the past. My other friends had problems too. Anybody who has their Asus mobo die out barely after a year of usage does not know what they are doing.

Two things. One, that has only one ATA (IDE) controller, which blows big time. Second, the board is......Intel....ewwwwwww!!! Yuk, throw it away unless it is Pentium M or EM64 Xeon..... Otherwise, garbage!!! Use the SATA hardrives for the hardrive (buy them, and sell your old ones), and the IDE for the other optical drives. Easy solution, or better yet, get an ASUS or Abit nForce3 MOBO and an Athlon64 3500+ 939 pin CPU or better, and you have yourself a beast in a box, ready to destroy anything you can throw at it.

Back
Top Bottom