Wireless router and router

GMD

Baseband Member
I recently got a Linksys Wireless-G router. I already have a router and I was wondering if I could hook both of them up on the same networkl? I tried doing it and its not working so well. help needed!

thx

hehe stupid me. I stuck to the way I configured it. now it works.

I got another question. My wireless connection keeps dropping and its really pissing me off? any suggestion to what it might be?

geez i thought i was the only one....my wireless connection always drops too, but it comes right back, and its really annoying...i wonder what that's all about...

wow you are in the EXACT same boat as me, i had an old linksys router and my buddy gave me an old wireless linksys router for lan parties, but i cant hook them both up, cat5 cable from regular port on routerA to

uplink port on routerB is what i was told, it works for about a good 10 minutes then WHAM!, i get all these crazy alerts on my pc saying lost internet connection, i plug my cat5 into routerA agian and it works fine,

could my problem be that routerB isnt getting enough connection to stay connected? i mean i have a 5MB/s cable connection, should be enough to run 4 computers and 2 playstations (ps2's not on all the

time), i dont use the wireless i just want the extra 4 ports and it wont work, i as also told that using a router with a hub/switch works better then just 2 routers, someone please help im gettin annoyed at this.!!!

strange, hehe bastard wireless internet dropping. I keep having to reconnect.

having 2 routers is useless and expensive. if you have one router providing ips addresses already. why go get another one? if you like lots of ports they sell like 16 ports switches. but if you want the extra four just go get a hub or a switch. they come cheap... like 50 bux for a good 100mb.

mine is wierd to manage..... hehe.....
modem----->router----->wireless router---->
switch------> hub its really hard to manage. pisses me off when I play SC, and I play on lan and I keep having to unplug my connection into the wireless hub from my switch GRRR.

A big problem with the wireless routers are the 2.8 GHz telephones. They use almost the same frequency and it does make the wireless router connection choppy and sometimes unusable at times.

my advice would be, if you have tried everything else, either change your phones to 900 MHz or up them to 5.8 GHz

or wait sorry i posted the wrong GHz I didn't mean 2.8 GHz i meant 2.4 GHz sorry about that everyone

Back
Top Bottom