Status
Not open for further replies.
Novartic_ said:
i agree, and why does every one go to matt when thay have problems, LK and me are also are mods you know! (wow nice one LK, Mod) and i only live around the corner from dave and i can have instant contact to him 24hr 7days a week.
Run down there and tell him to give us Custom User Titles :D

But nah, the problem with me in this idea is that I'm too laid back, I like 100 by 100 Avatars, I like Image Signitures, I like colourful Green Styles and colourful boards.

Its just not Computer Forums; and unless somebody buys it off David, which I seriously doubt he will do anyway, its going to stay that way. I'm not even sure if were it to change we'd get the same number of people asking for help - I've already said it would start to beocme too elitist and people would feel scared to approach us for help.

what is cary about using this site

if people are scared of using this site then they shouldnt be on the web

... I took it upon myself to feel this post was directly aimed at me (as you do), so, here goes.

athlon64fx said:
why is everyone so agaisnt me??? just becuse DL wanted to give me a custom avatar... and complaining about short posts. c'mon... big ___ deal its a forum... and yah liek a few bytes of charaters really wastes space. sql DBs dont get that big with forums.

Very true, they don't get that big. However, with this many members here, nearly all of which having pet peeves, chances are that short posting is going to get on someones nerves. I'm not saying that to excuse people (including myself) who complain, but it's just life.

I relaly doubt that his B/w ever even gets close to capacity. this site isnt accessed much at all compared to toehr sites desipte its domain name.

Once again, completely agree with you. However, most other large websites buy hosting for their site/forum, last time I checked, this place was being run from David's home using his own equipment. Surely some members here remember that at times, this place wasn't exactly speedy before David got a bandwidth upgrade. Which, is why I am against Custom Avatars for anyone other than Moderators, simply of fear from this place virtually not being accessible to some slow connection users, still using connections such as 28k and 56k (which, to an extent, is how it was before the connection upgrade). At no time have I had anything directly against you for having an avatar of your own.

and what's whit the flaiming all the sudden really?? everyones gotten so tight, ppl arent gonna like it. I left sites that were tight. the decreases traffic for the site and makess people feel bad and leave. now making a big deal over a short post is rediculous and dont "waste" you jsut need a reason to complain. a 'reason' to complain if you dotn have much else to do.

... And you wonder why I wanted my Mod status removed? Pretty much whacked the nail on the head there.

Like I said before though - everyone has pet peeves. With this many members there's bound to be someone who complains about something. Let's face it, I'm certainly not everyones favourite member by any sense of the imagination. People complain about me. People backchat about me. I know it all happens, and yet I just ignore it. I let them do what they want and I do what I want.

so what If I'm not philishopically correct and making great speeches about everything, I want to make this a fun place not a highly grammtically correct site, if you want to read a book, pick up one and read than.

This site was never intended to be a grammatically correct site, and no one should ever expect it to be. The idea I believe was for this place to be a place for everyone, however old (though that one went out the window with the whole Bluto deal, but I'll say nothing more on that), however young, however experienced with computers.

if you're a forum owner you got to expect this. not everyon has the same posting style. just as everyone dont have the same idetntity.

Once again, completely agree with all said here. However, not everyone has the same likes/dislikes of a forum.

I never have had and don't have anything against you personally. You're a good damn help in answering questions for people. However, short posting is just something I don't like. Just as you could probably say the same about something on this forum. It's life - people are bound to dissagree about something with such a large amount of people in a group.

i dont think there correct as last time you did this it said windows 2000 and david told us he was on 2003

last time I checked

My bad, however my point still stands. I like this place at the speed it is now, even when I used a friends 56k connection it was loadable. - it was annoying as hell when this thing was lagging like buggery.

Not all users have wonderful speedy connections like others do, this place should be relatively accessible for even users using the slowest of connections - everyone having custom avatars isn't exactly going to do wonders for them.

but why does they say that IP's record was updated today!!!???? and what about traceroutes... they dont lie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom