Graphics

theglove

Beta member
Hello chaps/chapesses

Forgive my possible ignorance here as i am not very computer literate, but i was reading up on your discussion about graphic cards. I have a G-Force fx5600 with 256mb. However, i play UT2004 a lot, and i am dissapointed that as soon as i start to turn effets on, and turn graphics up (they are now set on normal/high), the whole game slows down to an unplayable level. So, its nealry xmas, & i was thinking of upgrading a few bit on my machine. Any ideas on what i would need to run UT2004 at its absolute best? Cheers!

get an X800pro hoorah for the X800pro, also with cards like the fx5600 it says 256mb put the card isnt capable of using the 256mbs something about bottlenecks with the GPU or so I read, sorry not very helpful.

At its absolute best?... Got to be the 6800 hasn't it :D

Its the 5800s that have the bottleneck, but nobody buys that particular line anymore because of the problem.

SH!T i never heard of these bottleneck things thats pretty dodgy does the Geforce Fx 5200 have anything like that.

And in reply to the question what driver do u have u ccould try to get the latest my Doom 3 didnt work at all then i got a new driver from Nvidia.com and it ran it on high very nicely

Yeah, my old 5200 needed a new driver about half a year ago, it had problems before the update.

Nah - the bottlenecks were just in the 5800s; that's why you hear people with 5700s and 5900s but nobody has a 5800 :D

ohh thank god
does any1 no any good places in australia (victoria pref.) to get good and cheap graphics cards but really good i want a 256mb that could run Half Life 2 very nicely

Back
Top Bottom