temperature monitor

skylinegtr

Baseband Member
i have a hp a530n, and i want to overclock it but im not sure if i have a temperature probe for my cpu, i have hmonitor and it doesnt show a cpu sensor, ive tried motherboard monitor and that wont show one. i usualy go by the mainboard temp which is usually around 30 celcuis. i have an amd 64, 3200+ if that helps. if anybody could help me...thanks

You cannot overclock an HP. They lock the multiplier with soder. There is no safe way to do it, and with HPs passive cooling, I wouldn't risk it. You could get a new MOBO, and install it with all the HP parts in a new case to overclock it, but that may be more money then you want to spend. SRY MAN, I feel for you.

Yes, HP doesn't allow overclocking being that if they did, customers wouldn't spend the extra 200+ dollars to upgrade their processors to the next level. That is why it is bad to buy from such a large company such as HP, Compaq, and especially.........DELL........... Anyway, sry man, get a new MOBO, and then overclock it. That will work, and may increase your system performance, being that your HP probably doesn't use that great of a MOBO in the first place.

AMD ZEN said:
You cannot overclock an HP. They lock the multiplier with soder. There is no safe way to do it, and with HPs passive cooling, I wouldn't risk it. You could get a new MOBO, and install it with all the HP parts in a new case to overclock it, but that may be more money then you want to spend. SRY MAN, I feel for you.
where did u get this at?
I've overclocked hp systems before. And what would they solder to lock it?
I say go in the bios and see if you can change the bus speed if you can, it can be overclocked.

Also AMD ZEN, I am sorry if it seems I am busting your balls at times, but I just find alot of what you post to be....uhm... questionable.
I'm not saying your wrong, always, but in this case I don't think you can prove your correct...but i could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom