computers won't recognize eahcother...

crazyjoe16

In Runtime
okay, i connected 2 computers with an ethernet cable (both running on win xp pro) and i've gone through network setup wizard a million times every different possible way and it always says 'cannot complete network setup wizard' on one computer. and on the other computer it completes fine and tells me to reboot. on both computers it says my network cable is unplugged but its definitely plugged in....SOMEBODY HELP PLZ!!!!

either get a router or a crossover cable, crossover if its only two computers, it will make your life much easier.

Ok, I would say "Get a switch. No hub, hubs suck." I just had a problem like that, but i had all the proper equiptment. Turned out I was stupid and didn't assign IP addresses to each computer. DURRR!!! Stupid me.

if its just two computer you want to connect together use a crossover cable....If you plan to build up a network of more than two computers. Go get a router.

and setup your IPs statically and just use simple file sharing!! and Internet Connection Sharing.

Back
Top Bottom