Integrated Video Cards

SantaClause

Baseband Member
I just got a new computer today since my other one broke last night and I was wondering how good a integrated SIS Mirage2 128 mb is, or how good is it for cod?

COD? Well, being SIS, don't expect too much out of it. I don't know a tremendous amout about that particular card, but none of the SIS cards are grand. Then, being onboard, that usally means it's pretty low on the list. Try some demos, that's the best way to see how it is...

I'm getting cod back from my uncle tomorow and if I have problems playing I'll just take my crappy mx400 64mb from my old computer and put it in here until I can get a new one. Also, does anyone know how to tell if you AGP port is 4x or 8x?

How new is the PC? If it is at least 1-2 years old, then it is AGP 8X. If it is 2years or more, AGP 4X. You said new, so I presume brand new, meaning AGP 8X.

BTW, all Integrated video suks big time, since it takes far more system resources then does a seperate GPU card does. The integrated chip just helps with graphics, but really makes the main CPU do alot of the work, while a GPU card does almost all the work.

Yes, you should be able to look under system information in your windows, and see what the AGP controller is (at least I can do that). Just look what level the controller is at.

Do you have Windows XP Pro. It is not on Home Editon. If you have XP Pro, then go to your system management controls and look at the video adapter. Otherwise I don't know. I'll check it out for you, give me 15mins.

Can't find where you told me to go but the model number is a Compaq Presario sr1226nx. It has 3200+ AMD Athlon 64 bit processor if that will help.

Back
Top Bottom