motherboard crisis

blah blah

In Runtime
im thinking of ugrading my 550mhz to a duron1 ghz or duron 1.6ghz, but i dont know if my mother board can support the extra speed, how do i find out what my motherboard capabilities are and its manufacturer without opening my computer??????

WCPUID should give you some info on the computer... Why are you so worred about opening the computer, though. It's not like you can install the processor without opening it

the only way to see if your motherboard can support it is to check ur book. what is your motherboard make and model and i check for you.

nah for sure youll need a new motherboard. Sockets have changed alot. And FSBs etc. I'd suggest a new motherboard and a sempron and sum DDR ram. It'll be worth it and its cheap

should i just buy a whole new computer for like 399.99?
or should i get a mobo adn processor adn ram?

Yeh upgrading it all at once is good..just buy a new package though. Make sure its all up to standard and can easily be upgraded etc

i am thinking of getting a computer that has 2.4-3.0ghz but which motherboard should i get so the price stays down but i get the basic agp 8 slot and ddr memory slot (or ddr400) i have a limited budget, i want intel, cuz ive had bad experinces with AMD

prefably a cheap mobo that has a good ddr ram set up, intel compabilible a moderate to fast sytem bus and a agp8 slot, but i dont need anything really speical, i dont overclock, an dim a novice, so i dont need much in the way of super- preformance jut enough to play the latest games cofortable without lag at decent speeds

A 550MHz processor is on a board that can support up to 800MHz with Durons or old AMDXPs. I would get a new system. Here is a link to a really nice system, which you can throw some of your old stuff into as well. Besides, 1.0GHz Durons are like Celerons; aka, they are not good for gaming. They have low L2 Cache, and low clcokspeeds, but their multiplier is set high (13X-14X) It is your decision, but I would not go Duron.

I configured this system for $1,034 with three year warranty, and a 5700 card in it. Check it out.
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/cart/showcart.asp?url=/custom/cfga64.asp&ref=add
Or, the AMD64 with a 3000+ with a 5900 for the same price....

Check and compare both. If you want to configure your own, go to- www.cyberpowersystem.com Good luck either way buddy.

:D

BTW, Blah Blah, try AMD64, they beat the pants of Intel. Very reliable, just nVidia's SLi has some problems. Try it, you may like it.

Back
Top Bottom