how do you reinstall bios when it crashed???

I was building my brothers new comp with a
A8V mobo, Athlon 64 3200+ maxtor 160 gig sata, 9800 radeon 256mb, corsair 512 dual channel ram.
Well I tried to install windows, but it didn't recognize the sata hdd, so I got drivers and was installing them on the promt screen, and bios crashed and the monitor acted like it wasnt connected to the vid card. and it was. Help????

I have no clue what your asking. You don't install drivers in the bios. Now your can flash the bios, if that's what you mean, or install bios extentions to make it compatable with new drives... Is this what you where trying to do?

Usally, if the bios is shot, there's not much you can do... Some computers are made so you can load it off a disk, but apparently yours isn't, or is too messed up. There are some sites out there who sale replacement bios chips, but I don't recall the site(sorry)

Try looking for the jumper to reset your bios, just in case some setting is wrong. Also, for good measure, I'd remove all you could and see if you get anything from the comp. If you know the speaker is connected, it might even be an idea to remove the ram and see if you get some beeps.

you flashed the bios and it didn't work? take the motherboard out and throw it in the trash. from what I understand you had xp up and running on the computer with the hard drive connected and working? it probably just wasn't recognizing the entire capacity of the drive. you probably just needed a patch to make your mobo recognize a hd that is over 137 gb. download that and everything should be just great with no probs, I had to do that with my Asus A7V600 and my 200 gb Maxtor hard drive.......of course it's too late for that.....

Back
Top Bottom