Sli has a Problem! I sold my PC!

DarkBlade1

BSOD
Ok, I blew my 2GT's again today, and it wasn't heat again... These are the 4th and 5th 6800GT's I have blown. it wasn't the overclock either, since they have been running just fine, so I sold it to my cousin who is going to put in dual 6800 Ultras and try that. I am waiting for PCIe and DDR2 to be with AMD I guess, and nForce4 Ultra SLi (probably Febuary 2005), so for now, I am using my Mom's CPU I built for her, since it is very good except for that P4 (still very good though with x800Pro and P4 3.6GHz HT CPU and 1GB PC5300 Ballistix ram in it. It is a good system, and I pulled out the "old" AMD Athlon 3200+ XP computer for her to use until then (not like she minds...)

Tip, wait for nVidia to stablize their SLi more, and get DDR2 as well. :mad:

UMM!! HELLO!! SLI BLEW UP!! WHY IS NO ONE HERE TO SAY OMG, OR WTF HOW!?!?! Cmon, give me sympathy, JK, nvm this thread. It doesn't matter. My cousin got ownership, and the cyberpower warranty is replacing the MOBO, CPU, and GPUs, since I have found out that all of them blew out. :mad:

amd boards most likely will not use ddr2, at least with the current cpu's. It doesn't really make sense with the integrated memory controllers

Back
Top Bottom