msn messenger

skylinegtr

Baseband Member
k heres my question
i have msn 7 beta, and so do my freinds, i try sending a fairly big file around 200-500mb and it lags the hell out of msn but they can send the same file or bigger and it doesnt lag there computer at all. my computer is faster than all of theres im not sure why this happens it is very annoying because it lags for like 30 minutes depending on the size, even on smaller files it still does it but not as bad.. thanks for all reponses

ok, don't send such large files through msn, if you know your friends put it on CD.

first of all what Internet connection do you have?
and how fast is it?

hah ya, i know i shouldnt send such big files, but some of them i dont live near. i have shaw high speed cable internet im not sure what actual speeds are.
could it be norton scanning the file before i send it? i am also on a network if that makes any difference

It probably is that - you should close Norton before you send anything that big over MSN.

Personally I'd have to say the best idea would be to put the file onto a Server, and have them download it from there. That way is considerably faster - even including the time you'd be putting it on the Server.

Back
Top Bottom