old comp. what will help speed/ graphics

blah blah

In Runtime
- i have an old comp, that has- AMD athlon at 550mhz
- 128 DIMM SDRAM
- an old graphic card

-i want to increase my ability to play games with like a 200 dollar buget(willingly to increse a little bit)

-i was wonder if the ATi 9200se 128mb agp (it works in my mobo i checked i have an agp 2 slot) ot the 256mb 9250 ati

-i also want to increase my ram(processr too much $$$) how much shoudl i get on a limited budget, adn what would make getting the 256 worth while?

blah blah said:
- i have an old comp, that has- AMD athlon at 550mhz
- 128 DIMM SDRAM
- an old graphic card

-i want to increase my ability to play games with like a 200 dollar buget(willingly to increse a little bit)

-i was wonder if the ATi 9200se 128mb agp (it works in my mobo i checked i have an agp 2 slot) ot the 256mb 9250 ati

-i also want to increase my ram(processr too much $$$) how much shoudl i get on a limited budget, adn what would make getting the 256 worth while?

wow, you are really gonna be CPU limited here. but if you get at least 256mb (perferrably more) and a new video card you should be able to play games like RTCW, quake 3, unreal, half life 1 w/ all mods, MoH: AA and so on great. but i would definetly not get a 9200se. its a POS card. for around $40 you can get a ti4200 on ebay which slaps around the 9200se and is still a great performer IMO.

thanks, if i get like 256 more ram should th eextra memory on the graphic card help? or is the extra 128mb worthless

the extra 128mb of mem lets the card use more uncompressed textures, but if you dont have a GPU (graphics proccessor) thats whorty of it, you are wasting your money. Also what games are you planning on playing?

ya im thinking of playing like cs 1, Age of the Titans and do u think i could run the battle over middle earth?

Ok, you offically spammed the forum man. Don't do that again. Get 256-512MB, preferably 512 using 2X256mb chips, since that will more then double the performance of your system.

Back
Top Bottom