Athlon 64 FX-53

Cangacosh

Solid State Member
I heard that AMD uses a different algorithm than what INTEL uses to determin clockspeed. Is this true? And if so, what is INTEL's equivelant to AMD's Athlong 64 FX-53?
thx

There really is no equivalent to the FX-55 or 53. They are the top of the line. Intel suks big time, they blow chunks! The only P4 that can even remotely keep up is the P4 3.62GHx Extreme Edition, which is 250 dollars more then the FX-55............. Screw Intel and their equivalents.... They are dumb. BTW, I use both types of chips, and love AMD far more. My SLi blew up!!! :( :mad: :mad: :mad: So now I am using this P4 system, and I really see some speed differences. The only good Intel chip is the Pen M chip, which is very good and low energy, but AMD64 Mobiles are almost as good, plus they are 64bit.

Clock speed algorithms are different, so an equivielent to the AMD FX-53 would be around 4.0GHz or so, give or take 200MHz. But the FX is 64bit, so later, it will be useful, and P4 will be dead.

Basically, you double it on the 64bit chips, give or take off about 350-450 MHz on standard Athlon64chips, and about 250-150Mhz on FX chips.

The math is like this.

AMD Athlon64 speed x 1.656= P4 speed
AMD Athlon FX series Speed x 1.849=P4 speed

Turn the equation around to get the P4 speed. Also take into account the fact that AMD64 uses a 1600MHz Front Side Bus as well, so this plays effect as well.

Well I think intel has 6 IPC (Instructions per clock) and AMD has 9 IPC. So you times the clock speed and the IPC to get which one can send more info per clock rate. For example, my AMD is at 2.42. So 2.42x 9= 21.78. The intel P4, 3.4x 6= 20.4. So basically my AMD is slightly better than a non-EE 3.4 P4.

EDIT>>> Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

AMD HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.

well i don't see much of a difference from a P4 3.0 and my Amd 64 2800.

In theory, if ur equations are correct, shouldn't my processor be the SHIZZZZZ.

Well AMD is definately better, but 1.6 - 1.8 times is a bit too high. They don't outrun p4's by that much.

I've ran pentiums and amd, I don't know about exact multipliers, but amd outperforms intel.....no prob.

Yes, but intels are still good for notebooks (that might change in 2005 though, when Dell will allow customers to make AMD ones (considering dell is the biggest laptop seller, it matters))

Back
Top Bottom